New Book Releases

Four NEW Book realeases by Joseph Ahlman: Lost Marbles, Being Different, You Don't Scare Me Dad, & Chameleon on the Glass.

All available in Two Full Color Versions. For more details visit:

http://grafxpress.blogspot.com/


To place orders email: grafxpresspublishing@earthlink.net
For the latest info on current projects that Joseph Ahlman is working on visit
http://josephahlmanmultimedia.blogspot.com/

Friday, March 12, 2010


Lights Out


I woke inside a void of pitch

Without a speck of light

In anechoic silence

With all senses numbed but mind


Perceiving no surroundings

I wondered if I’d died

Yet knew I was aware

Which is the essence of my life


Had all else reached extinction?

Had substance nullified?

And if it still existed

What real purpose could it bide?


Then in my thoughts recalled the forms

Of sound, and touch, and sight

Of smell and taste preserved inside

The memory of mind


I fathomed all the concepts born

Of numbers, space, and time

The impotence of truth

Unless awareness had entwined


I realized that existence

Then had always been consigned

Within the walls of cognizance

Where all was circumscribed


When trees fall in this forest

Be it truth or of the mind

Here cast in molds of sentience

Wherein truth is defined


Dispense we thus with hearsay

And witness with our lives

The truth we source through self

Be as a universe inside


No comments:

Post a Comment