New Book Releases

Four NEW Book realeases by Joseph Ahlman: Lost Marbles, Being Different, You Don't Scare Me Dad, & Chameleon on the Glass.

All available in Two Full Color Versions. For more details visit:

http://grafxpress.blogspot.com/


To place orders email: grafxpresspublishing@earthlink.net
For the latest info on current projects that Joseph Ahlman is working on visit
http://josephahlmanmultimedia.blogspot.com/

Friday, October 23, 2009


The Inner Life


Hearkening to the tones of the inner life

Reverencing all of creation

The dreams that they kill I relive and reveal in my heart

The attainment of peace through the train of the mind

As I muse under the calming influence 

Of a stilling voice that pierces to the center


Rhyming one in reason

With the purpose

In the season that we live

I feel the essence of life

Springing up fountains of eternal being


The achievement of love, and the knowing of why

By a glance of His all-searching eye He reveals my heart

The dark and the light


I believe in the acceptance of a divine rhythm to life

The quenching of times

The mirroring of minds

The healing of wounds


"When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers,"

"the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained;"

"What is man, that thou art mindful of him?..."


May truth linger in my bones


Caught attune to an emanating light

A face

The first and the last

Reflecting infinity


Find a key in the song of life

"I have said, Ye are gods”

And everyone of you 

"Are children of the most High."


And his eyes were aflame in the image of life


Reach deep inside you

And draw out yourself 

With the light that you'll find

Re-enter the eye


I've seen the light and the life of this world

Clasped in the form of enveloping love

In and through all us for so we abound

Eye be thou single, ears tingle

As creation echoes the sound 


Now I see

In the green of the trees

The breath of a butterfly

Stillness of rocks 

Songs of birds

Blue of open sky


The work of the artist

Reveals the artist's heart

He who hath seen these, hath seen Him


No comments:

Post a Comment